Friday, March 19, 2010

A Dream Come True

by Hubert

I haven't spent a whole week at home since I started working at my current job back in December of 2005. I've mentioned to my co-blogger that, at least once, I would like to. Of course I get two weeks paid vacation, but I usually spend one week flying somewhere and the remainder paid time off in half day increments, such as going in late on Fridays at the end of the year because I love to sleep and I can't bring vacation days into the next year.

Well, this week, I finally got to stay home for a week. Not in the perfect way, as I did not know work would be canceled on Monday until I got up, brushed my teeth, and got dressed before turning on my cell phone to see a text message telling me work was canceled. Or for Tuesday through Thursday, checking my cell first thing in the morning to get the same messages. Found out about Friday being canceled at 5 PM on Thursday, that was was the most heads up I got for any day. But otherwise, I've been able to relax as much as an employed person can this week.

It's been...just what I expected. A lot of going to random websites, playing video games, watching tv, and eating. I did one productive thing this week, renewed my passport! Woo! And while at the post office, bought Simpson (cartoon, not murderer) stamps!

I really need to get back to work now.

Just finished: Professor Layton and the Curious Village for Nintendo DS.

No comments:

Post a Comment