Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day One, Part Four, in San Francisco

by Hubert

I walked from Fort Mason back to Ghirardelli Square to get some food. It was almost three o clock, I had gotten up before 10 AM, and I still hadn't eating a damn thing. Why...I do not know.

I couldn't find anywhere that would give me a sandwich-to-go. The Square is a boutique mall, as in there are no big chains here. So I eventually ate at Lori's Diner, a small 50's style diner-chain in San Francisco. How many 50's diner-chains are there in the country? I got a patty melt. It had onions and mushrooms in it. Is it supposed to? I have no idea.

Afterwards, I walked around Ghirardelli Square some more, and found Kara's Cupcakes. What did Scarfy Blue say after he saw the place?



Succinct.

I got the chocolate velvet cupcake. And then I dropped some on my shirt and backpack. It was still very good.

Next stop was Coit Tower. I got there by bus, thanks to my iPhone, which knows EVERYTHING EVER DONE BY MANKIND. Just click on the link to see what it is, because I don't feel like explaining it.

See what I saw below:



I wasn't there for very long. Luckily, that bus in the clip didn't go anywhere, so I hoped on that bus to get down the hill. Took a different bus through Chinatown, and I haven't been a bus with that many Chinese people...well, ever. Not even in Taiwan. Took the bus to Union Square, and walked to the Metreon, a mall that Sony used to have their flagship store in, but they moved out earlier this year, and the mall is current half-empty, to be redone starting next year. But there was one good surprise to be had, as I found the following at one of the entrances:



Next entry: Pictures from Day One

No comments:

Post a Comment