Friday, September 25, 2009

Day One, Part Three, in San Francisco

by Hubert

From the Golden Gate Bridge, I took the bus over to the Palace of Fine Arts. According to Wikipedia:

The Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina District of San Francisco, California is a building originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition...It was one of only two buildings from the exposition not to be demolished...Many forms of wildlife have made their home there including swans, ducks (particularly migrating fowl), geese, turtles, frogs, and raccoons.

It is big, as you will see below.



Clearly this was a terrible angle so I walked to the other side.



Now you see why I mentioned the wildlife above.

Scarfy Blue was especially amused by all the wildlife.



Here's one last view of the place.



Oh, and a fellow tourist asked me to take a picture of her with the Palace in the background. Why she was not scared off by Scarfy Blue, I'll never know. People do crazy things on their vacations!

The Palace of Fine Arts is a completely outdoor affair, so I didn't spent much time here. I took the bus back to Fort Mason and went inside the converted-fort-to-community-center instead of around it, and stepped into an art display.



Yes, this qualifies as art. You can actually buy parts of it, assuming your place of residence is lacking in mesh balls.

Next entry: The rest of my first day in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment