Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010-01-21


by Colleen

Tha - tha - Tharsday in the Loop. In case you don't venture into downtown Chicago that often, or in case you do but you're blind, let me just say that these Puma billboards are plastered all over the elevated stops to advertise the opening of the newest Puma store in the Block 37 building.

They....drive....me......mad.  Am I on board with selling the idea that some scrawny, tool of a guy can pick up his own entourage just because he wears Puma? or works for Puma? or both?! No. How about the mentality behind his stupid sign - I'm a player, give me a woman, but only one that looks good, cause, you know, I'm a player? No. The fact that he expects to receive a woman plopped down before him just like he would an ipod? Oh inner Gloria Steinem, be still.

So I'm a firm believer of "voting with your dollar", but being a boycott of one of the Puma brand, doesn't erase the fact that I still have to see these boards every time I travel around the loop. Until, this beautiful day when I noticed someone decided to make a little addition to every single board at the Randolph&Wabash stop. Spot it yet?

Oh sweet, sweet grammatically correct graffitist, how I love you so. You just made my evening, times a million. xoxo - Colleen

----
"Umm, clearly I'm interrupting. I feel badly. Let me... What are you drinking?"
"Bad."
"Bad? Sorry... feel...? "
"You feel bad."

"Bad??"
"Badly is an adverb. So to say you feel badly would be saying that the mechanism which allows you to feel is broken." 

"Go. Sleep badly. Any questions, hesitate to call."
"Bad."
"Excuse me?"
"Sleep bad. Otherwise it makes it seem like the mechanism that allows you to sleep..." 
"Who taught you grammar? Badly's an adverb. Get out. Vanish."
-kkbb

No comments:

Post a Comment