Sunday, January 17, 2010

2010-01-16

by Colleen



zOMGZZzzz!!!111!1!!1 I went on my annual buy-a-calendar-as-late-as-I-can-possibly-stand-for-the-discounts trek today and found the cutest calendar at Borders Books and ZOMGZ, I just realized as I was uploading the first picture why it was only 50% off and not 75% off - because it's NOT MARTIN LUTHER KING JR'S DAY YET!!!! Wow, it's sad, but yes today felt like Monday to me. (For the record, this is probably the earliest I've ever bought a calendar, I usually average around the first week of Feb. Once I tried to buy 2009 planner in October of 2009 thinking it would be like 10 cents - but they don't stock them that late into the year. Apparently they just throw them out by the end of summer. Who knew?!)

Anyway, Disney is not really my style, but this 60th Anniversary calender of Cinderella was so wonderfully vintage; it was impossible to pass up. After the jump are some of the monthly pictures. The colors are so soft and the detailing so sparkly that the whole thing reminds me of a sprinkled donut or a sprinkles....cupcake!
 



The Prince in Cinderella has the best personality out of all of the pre-Little Mermaid movies where the man was just there to look pretty. If I had to choose, Sleeping Beauty would be my favorite overall movie in terms of art and musical soundtrack and handsome-est prince - but he was always in a perpetually bad mood. Poor Beauty probably went back to sleep after she married him just to avoid him. The Prince in Cinderella is just the opposite. I can picture him teaching his kids what a whoopie cushion is for.






 First date!







The End

No comments:

Post a Comment