Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010-01-01

by Colleen



This was not the best start of the new year for Jubilee, my betta fish. I snapped this photo completely sober, around 2 am, after getting home from a party and making the horrifying discovery that my fish's eye had grown to twice its size. Not only that, but the entire right side of his face was swollen, white, and fuzzy. I thought I cared for this fish, but honestly, my first reaction was repulsion and the urge to throw him away. That urge passed fairly quickly and turned to sympathy, but while processing the poor guy's transformation, I pulled out my camera and got this shot. Luckily, not much of what I've described is visible. Although you can see some eye protrusion in his profile, it's actually gotten worse since then. Ugh. This is the first picture I've ever taken of his bowl from a bird's eye view and I was surprisingly pleased with the result. It may have been the best outcome of the whole evening. Hopefully, there will be more pictures of Jubilee yet to take - he's currently on a series of antibiotics for treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment