Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day Three, Part One, in San Francisco

by Hubert

For day three of my trip, I only had plans to go to two attractions, the Cartoon Art Museum, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. I did this because unlike previous nights where I headed back to the hotel around 7 PM, I was having dinner with a friend and guessed that I would be out late. I also got to sleep in!

But before any museums was lunch! My first stop was Caffe Museo, the cafe attached to the SF MOMA, as my guidebook mentioned it opened an hour earlier than the museum itself.



Scarfy Blue was amused at my drink.



Here's the menu:



Yes, this is the kind of food you can get in San Francisco where you go to a counter to order.

Summer Pasta
Orecchiette Pasta
Mediterranean Quiche
Grilled Marinated Portobellow Panini
Toasted Niman Ranch Smoked Ham & Fontina Cheese Panini

and of course "The majority of our produce is organic"

I had the ham & cheese panini, it was good.

After lunch, I walked a short distance to the Cartoon Art Museum. Unfortunately, photography was not allowed inside the place, so I just have video from the outside.



Oh, thank goodness for Youtube. After playing the last video, it suggested a video that I saw playing inside the Cartoon Art Museum and had to share with all three of you who read this blog. Imagine four panels that are continually painted over to tell a story. It's hard to explain, so please enjoy!



Next San Francisco entry: The SF MOMA

No comments:

Post a Comment