Monday, May 31, 2010

2010-05-16

by Colleen



Soon after I got my first job, I started buying the ugliest decorated kleenex boxes I could find to put at my desk, as sort of a weird homage to the people who spend intense amounts of time and thought decorating their cubicles*. The practice kind of turned into tradition, so this is the little gem I picked up on May 16th.

It's always tough choosing between boxes that were designed to be pretty (at least I think that was the goal) and FAILED and the random graphic design boxes that may look cool on the computer but don't transfer well to a kleenex box medium.

I think this one falls in the first category. I try and alternate between the two for variety though.


*It turns out that while these people are mentioned all the time in office-humor related books and Dilbert strips, there's really not that many people in real life who do this. Or at least, not many that I've encountered so far. In fact, my cubicle may be one of the more decorated ones on my team...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment